24 February 2011

Stickers got me thinking.,,,,

You know the bumper stickers on vehicles that indicate clearly that there is a 'baby on board' or 'there's nothing left inside this vehicle overnight', the ones that overly explain the really bloody obvious.

I was thinking wouldn't it be easier if we could all wear stickers like this?  

If my eyebrow is raised it is because I'm judging you.
Yes I am angry.
In my mind I've pictured you naked already.
God you're boring.

We of course could change them daily or hourly depending on our moods, the weather or the people we meet. Then people wouldn't have to ask how you are feeling (right now or before you asked me?), if you're angry (mostly always) or am I boring you (generally yes).


It would reduce meaningless conversation somewhat, however...


I always believed that my face worked against me, not in the 'boo man she's scary ugly way', more in the 'everything I am thinking is written all over it' kind of way. Maybe everyone else is just as easy to read as I am but we are all just generally too self absorbed to take the time to bother reading.

Let us for a moment consider... What would happen if we paid as much attention and time to our fellow human, planet/oxygen sharers as we do reading that moron's bumper sticker in the car in front of us? 

It would reduce meaningless conversation somewhat and it would save on the stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment