10 January 2011

In Camden town I'll meet you by the underground, we'll walk there as the sun goes down. In Camden town you can do anything you want to.....and I am ;)

Reflection of tree in Camden Canal the pollution makes it look pretty!
So North London...I have to say I am loving it!  I have already become one of 'those' North London types that begrudgingly only goes South of the river when I really have to.

'What do I love?'  I hear you Sarf Lahhhndaners ask.  Well I am going to give you a list...(I am good at lists)

  1. Being close to a tube station it really does only take half an hour to get anywhere ;) (well that's what I'm going to tell you when we organise to meet)
  2. The bars are trendy (can I still use that word?) with a great mixture of people.
  3. I love being this close to Camden...which leads me to..
  4. I love Camden - the markets, the diversity of the people, the bars and all of it really. 
  5. Hampstead Heath is very cool and I'm completely looking forward to Summer (nothing quite like watching the fat, white British grazing on open plains...ahhh hakuna matata)
  6. The choice of restaurants - ate at my first Ethiopian and it was fabulous.
  7. All the great music gigs that play within a stones throw
  8. New people I'm meeting
  9. New friends I'm making
  10. That it's not South London
I'm not betraying my roots of South London, I spent a good lot of time there and a lot of good time there, but you know what they say a change is as good as a holiday. 

Canals and Markets



Between you and me I can't afford a holiday, yet.. and god knows I do love challenges and changes. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment