21 November 2010

Christmas, Castle, Santa, Satan.......

This weekend Christmas festivities were had.
Peacock Pose
In a very British way of course.

Went out to Leeds Castle to a Christmas fair for a bit of festive spirit.  Leeds Castle and the grounds is pretty incredible it's £17.50 for entry (this lasts for a year)so even though we didn't get in to the castle the grounds were very picturesque and worth the trip.  It's proper Winter time in the UK now and this is where yet again I'm completely glad I 'run hot' completely acclimatised to the UK weather indeed.  

Glad I dragged the bossy blonde out shopping to buy multi-layers of tops to keep toasty.   

The Castle
Back to the Castle so yeah it was a good place to visit although the Christmas fair was a bit of a let down, was looking forward to more original crafty type toot, instead of cheap faff you could get at any market.  Another down point...there was only one food stall!! What the hell?  This leads to my other issue, I eat a lot for someone of my size, I am always hungry...(actually this is bullshit, it's not an issue for me), it concerns others...yeah I eat heaps....fuck you ;)
Jealous much??


Underground Grotto
So after walking through the Christmas fair,the grounds,the maze and this very cool underground (the grotto with no bloody Santa) bit, it was off home. 
The Maze










Which led me to think of the similarities between Santa and Satan as their names are kind of similar and well this is just how my brain works;


Santa: Wears a red suit
Satan: Is traditionally red in colour
Santa: Expects you to be good all year so you can get a gift
Satan: If you sign over your soul you get the gift of 10 excellent years
Santa: Has elves working for him in what Could be considered to be sweat house working conditions
Satan: Has lost souls doing his bidding in the ultimate sweat shop

Oh and finally but most importantly they're both fictional but the mention of either of them makes a large proportion of the population act like fools.


No comments:

Post a Comment