23 November 2010

Break those chains that bind you....all that emotional warfare and yukky stuff....

I believe in love at first sight.
I believe in magic.
I believe in universal messages.
I believe bacon tastes good with goats cheese, sweet chilli sauce and ready salted crisps on a sandwich.

Does this make me naive, gullible, too trusting or stupid?
I don't think so.
I'm far from naive, I've seen and experienced in my life some awful stuff, people at their worst, but who hasn't right?  Yet I still want to believe in the human race....mostly, believe that the majority will inherently do the right thing....occasionally.  I have hope....sometimes.

....yet, I just can't be bothered with intimacy or dating, for me it's worse than the most painful job interview.

(Where I have gas and the interviewer is using corporate buzz words.)

Sitting across from you, smiling, telling you what you want to hear.  With everything I say, I'm watching your expression because I know, that at the same time I'm trying not to show on my face that I think that what you just said was stupid, offensive or just boring.  Not that I really care, why should I?  I'm not invested in you and chances are you will say or do something that will annoy me if not now, then later.  One thing I do have faith in, is that you will inevitably annoy me or worse...bore me.

Maybe it's intolerance.

Apparently, it is easier to fall in love than out of love?

Plenty more fish in the sea....yes there is.
Time heals all wounds...indeed it does.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger...hmmmmmm.

Love is a funny old thing isn't it.  Part of me (the hopeless romantic) wants to really believe in it, in the fact that it makes the world go round.  That without it we are not the evolved beings we see ourselves as.  

The other part, the hurty, breaky, cynical, jaded part is undecided.  Thinks it is just a chemical reaction triggered by pheromones and oxytocin.  Love is impractical, illogical and based solely in emotion.  Love hurts, it's terrifying, nauseating and makes you feel powerless, completely without control, yet we still pursue it like nothing else.

We flirt, we date, we seduce.  We compete, ogle and court.
Is it human nature?
Can we help ourselves?

Even the most busiest and successful of us seek out 'the other' through Internet dating and social situations.

Falling in love is easy.  Too damn easy.
Out of love...well that's excruciating, destructive and soul wrenching, yet we still go through the motions, again and again and again. Putting our hand into that fire knowing damn well it's going to burn and it's going to hurt.   

I believe bacon tastes good with goats cheese, sweet chilli sauce and ready salted crisps on a sandwich, I can't help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment