16 December 2010

That North, South Divide....

So I've moved North of the river for the first time in my nearly 14 years of living in London.

So what?... I hear you say.

Well if you don't know what a big deal this you've never lived in London.

I was a South Londoner (said like...Sarf Lahdahner) good and proper, I have always lived in the South East, all my mates were there and I know it like I know the back of my hand 

I know what transport goes where, I know where the mini cab places are and all their numbers.  I know what pubs to go into and what ones to avoid.  Where I can get groceries cheap, where the shortcuts are and where to purchase late night booze.  All the things that make you feel like you belong, like you're at home.  Then people move away, have kids, break up and well, it ceases to feel like home so much.  

So...after travelling I thought why not mix it up?
Try something new.  If this doesn't feel like home why not go somewhere and make a new home. (Like I did nearly everywhere I stopped whilst travelling)I guess one of the things I learnt during my travels, is that you can pretty much create a home anywhere, I find it very easy to leave my mark on a place (or a person ;)).


And..


This is what I'm doing, although not much exploring has been done yet North of the river.  I am excited about being here.   A whole new group of people to offend, places to discover, shops to search through, parks to read in and cycle through, pubs to warm up in.

Maybe I'm making things more challenging for myself than I have to by moving somewhere different and new but you know how I love a challenge.

Just slightly concerned about one thing...  Being the shy, retiring type that I might find it hard to make friends. Hee hee... Or I could just do the typical Mel modus operandi and force myself on people....sssshhhhh don't tell them my secret, they'll be my mates before they even know what's happened. 

Mwah ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment