8 December 2010

Ahhhhh now I remember.....that's what I love about London.

Bitchin' and moanin' "Poor me I travelled for four months around the world, had the most unforgettable, incredible time of my life (so far), met some of the most wonderful and beautiful people, seen some awesome, breathtaking scenery and now I've come back to London.  It's cold and and it is dark and I have to go back to work (like all of you have been doing all year) and earn money and pay off my debts and find a home"  Boo fucking hoo.


So tonight instead of going home and being a sooky winger , I went to the Old Vic Tunnels (underneath Waterloo Station) and saw Cart Macabre and when I say 'saw' I really should say 'experienced'.  This was a theatre visit with a twist.  I hadn't read anything about this before I went and was invited last minute as a ring in. (Thanks CB)  It was truly incredible , a sensory overload and depravation all in one.  (you think I have spelt deprivation wrong...that was wickedly intentional)  

I want to tell you all about it but at the same time I don't want to ruin it for you if you choose to go.(2 small insights...1. it starts with a cart and 2. if you're scared of the dark or claustrophobic it does tickle these fears somewhat)

Flashbacks to a time (***** Seven spoiler alert*****)when I was just about to sit down in my cinema seat, popcorn in hand, just slipping my medium sized diet coke in to the holder on my armrest when my mate says "I can't believe his wife's head was in the box".(I wanted to put her head in a box) I hate those type of people (stupid and selfish blendation), but then as you well know I could write at least a dozen more blogs about the things that people do that piss me off.  This is not the blog you're looking for...wave of hand.


Back to the culture push.....

So Cart Macabre is on from the 4-22nd of December and only costs £14, cheaper than most London cocktails innit.

Have some mulled wine you're safe now
This is what I love about London, come here baby give me a hug, sorry it took me a while to warm up....but I am here now and that's what counts. Sssshhhhhh it's going to be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment